Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bloodlines and Points

My bloodlines are many and varied, I am English, Irish, German-Dutch, Comanche and Apache, this is in no particular order, it's merely the order in which I memorized it. I know that my Native American bloodlines were/are very spiritual, I understand that the Irish can be superstitious as well as having a rich spiritual history, I don't know about the English or German-Dutch, I searched and didn't find too much. Though I did find something interesting about one superstition that many people do, it's knocking on wood, I have often wondered where and how that one came about. I found another reason why people knock on wood.

This is for the German ancestors.
When you see your friends at a Stammtisch in a German bar, you have to greet them by knocking on the wooden table 3 times. It is said that most Stammtisch tables used to be made of Oak wood, and the Devil was unable to touch Oak wood, because it was a holy tree. So knocking on the table was proving you weren’t the Devil. source

I have no idea what or who Stammtisch is. OK, a quick toss around Google and I find: The word Stammtisch is German. It is not easily translated into English but it means something like "regular's table" or "regular get-together".

I know I got the Irish and American Indian from my mother, and my mother's side of the family were spiritual in the sense that they could see spirits and spiritual activity. I was told the story of my mother as a young teen, maybe younger than that, she saw a snake going from one bedroom across the hall into her bedroom. This was no ordinary snake, it's body was at least a foot thick, she never saw the head or tail, she got her dad, my grandfather, he saw it too.

They both went into her bedroom to look for this snake, they never found it, I understand my grandfather tore the room apart, even going so far as to take a knife and cut open an upholstered chair just in case it got in there. They never found the snake, nor did they see it again. This snake was much too large to have gotten past anyone, there were no open windows. My grandfather refused to talk about it.

I have been in that house both as a young child, and a teen, that house was very active with spirit activity, I was never completely comfortable in that house. I think there was a lot of unhappiness in that house over the years.

I wonder if my mother's side of the family, being of Irish and Native American descent is the reason why I have been so blessed with the ability to see into the spirit world.

I wonder if just being in a family that was open to and aware of the spirit world was the reason...

I wonder if certain nationalities are more open to that sort of thing? I wonder if it's heredity in the same way hair and eye color can be, or even more like artistic or musical ability.

That's another thing, being artistic and/or musical. I also come from artists and musicians, perhaps that also allows the creative mind to blossom, therefore also being more open to the spirit world.

Perhaps it's like "points", having a Native American and Irish blood gives me a couple of "points", being from musical and artistic people gave me a couple of "points", having an open minded (about the belief in the spirit world) family gives me a "point", rack up enough "points" and boom, eyes open, can see into the spirit world... Maybe if you don't have or get enough "points", you generally don't get to do this.

My father says he really never had experiences like this until he met and married my mother, perhaps my dad had nearly enough "points", being a creative and musical person, and whatever else he had going for him that might allow for this, but not quite enough until he met my mother, that being what pushed it over the top and them boom, his eyes are opened...

All these questions to ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but not spam, so I moderate all comments, I'll approve your post in fairly short order.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by, read my stuff and leave a comment! :)